Code of Conduct
- Dancers are expected to attend all classes. Dancers that miss classes are encouraged to attend “make-up” classes.
- Dancers must arrive 15 minutes prior to class with appropriate dance wear. Hair must be pulled back off the face. Teachers will invite dancers in when the class is scheduled to start.
- Respect for teachers, parents, and peers is expected at all times. Inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Parents may not watch dance lessons unless specifically invited by the teacher to observe.
- Competitive dancers must practice at home (recreational dancers are strongly encouraged to practice). Please speak with your teacher or the director for details.
- NSF - All NSF fees are subject to a $25 charge.
- LATE FEES - Late fees are subject to a $10 monthly surcharge.
- CLASS CANCELLATIONS - The studio is closed for all statutory holidays. Due to three holidays on Mondays (Thanksgiving, Louis Riel Day, & May Long Weekend) and one holiday on Wednesday (Halloween), dancers that come on Mondays/Wednesdays are invited to attend the respective number of make up classes. Please contact the director for appropriate make up classes. In the event KIK cancels a class, a refund will be issued, account credited, or dancer given the option to attend a “make up” class.
- MISSED CLASSES - Offered as a courtesy to our dancers, “make-up” classes may be arranged for any missed classes. Please speak to the director for appropriate class choices. Missed classes are non-refundable.
- INJURY - If injured, dancers are invited/expected to attend and observe classes when possible, in order to not fall behind. Dancers on a Flowers of Scotland Performance Troupe MUST attend and observe their class if injured, unless a valid doctor's note is provided.
- STUDIO ENVIRONMENT - Kids in Kilts strives to offer a positive atmosphere that allows all dancers, dance families, and staff to feel comfortable and safe. Harassment, gossiping, or any other behaviour that compromises any KIK member is prohibited. KIK reserves the right to take any action it deems necessary, including, but not limited to, dismissing the student from the school.
- ATTENDANCE - Regular attendance develops the skills necessary for dancers to be prepared for medal tests, competitions, and recitals/performances. The director reserves the right to limit student participation in medal tests, competition, and recitals/performances due to a lack of attendance.
- PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEOGRAPHY - Photos or videos of KIK students may be used by the studio for promotional purposes. By accepting these terms, you acknowledge that you are giving permission for images/videos of your dancer to be used by KIK. Any identifying information (i.e surname) will not be used.
- KIK offers a One-Month Risk-Free Trial Period. Withdrawals within this time period will be prorated and refunded.
- Refunds will not be issued after the One-Month Risk-Free Trial Period; accounts will be credited. Tuition credits are valid for two years.
- If withdrawal is due to medical circumstances accompanied by a doctor’s note a refund will be issued.
- Non-attendance does not constitute notice of withdrawal. Withdrawal must be in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prorated refunds will be issued if a class is cancelled by KIK.
- Refunds will not be issued for registration or costume rental fees.
Image from: https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/news/a-guide-to-scottish-heathers/0011360/